Universal SSH Key Manager®
Why do enterprises keep selecting UKM?
We designed UKM together with the biggest and most successful financial and industrial companies in the world. We work together with our UKM customers to get fast results with zero disruption. We invented the SSH protocol and we have the world's best SSH expertise.
What types of organizations deploy UKM?
Organizations at risk from large numbers of undiscovered or unmanaged SSH Keys include:
- Large organizations with valuable IP, trade secrets or critical services on own or third party server estates.
- Companies with large numbers of interactive and machine-to-machine server connections for e.g. data processing, industrial processes, financial transactions, software development, etc.
- Highly regulated industries e.g. finance, healthcare, energy and utilities, transport and logistics, utilities, media and telcos, federal/state.
- All organizations at risk of IT security audit failure.
- Enterprises and government agencies that have had significant IT operations for longer than 10 years.
How do we help UKM customers solve SSH security problems?
SSH key management process in detail
The universal lifecycle solution
Our approach is unique, combining patented technology for non-intrusive SSH key discovery and reporting, with universal lifecycle automation for all open source SSH keys, Centrify, Attachmate, Bitwise etc.
One of the first things SSH did was to demonstrate the scope of the problem. Their SSH key discovery tool showed us that the problem was even more widespread and serious than our auditors were saying.
Financial services IT manager
SSH’s technical deployment team found we had over 1.5 million SSH user keys distributed across our entire infrastructure, including over 150,000 user keys granting root access, with no records as to who was in possession of the corresponding private keys.
Global bank IT manager