Table of Contents
- Planning the Management Agent Installation
- Managing Initial Configuration Blocks (ICBs)
- Installing Management Agents
- Upgrading Management Agents Remotely
- Directory Structure of the Management Agent
- Removing the Management Agent Manually
The Management Agent component installed on the managed host machines is responsible for communicating with the Management Server, and installing, upgrading, monitoring, and controlling the SSH Tectia software on the host, according to the commands from the Management Server.
The connection between the Management Server and the managed hosts is secured with TLS. The Management Server authenticates itself with an X.509 certificate, and the Management Agent component on the host authenticates itself with a shared secret. The initial shared secret and information needed for checking the server certificate are delivered to the managed host in the Initial Configuration Block (ICB).