TEctia® SSH Server for z/OS
Secure your mainframe data-in-transit without compromising efficiency
Tectia SSH Server for z/OS is the most trusted mainframe secure file transfer (SFTP) software in the industry, combining enterprise-grade reliability with high performance and a light toll on cryptographic processing.
How does Tectia help you with mainframe security?
Seamless transition to secure data transfers
Safeguard your data with the latest encryption algorithms and enable transition from File Transfer Protocol (FTP) to SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP). The set up is easy without Job Control Language (JCL) modifications, breaking your existing file transfers or requiring manual changes to scripts.
Save on CPU costs
Mainframe pricing is partly based on CPU usage. With Tectia, you save valuable CPU costs by cryptography off-loading and streamline processing with a support for native Multiple Virtual Storage (MVS). Tectia z/OS has built-in support for z/OS Integrated Cryptographic Service Facility (ICSF) for cryptographic functions.
Eliminate manual steps
With Tectia z/OS, you get direct access to MVS datasets. This is convenient, since there is no need to stage your files to Hierarchical File System (HFS) – an extra step in the process that increases the risk of manual error and requires expertise.
A great number of regulations require that your critical data transfers are protected, such as PCI-DSS, SOX, HIPAA, FISMA, FIPS. Learn more about regulations here.
Who is Tectia SSH Server for z/OS for?
Organizations that get the most benefit out of Tectia generally include those that:
- Need to comply with regulations, such as PCI-DSS or FIPS, like US Federal agencies, large financial institutions, credit card companies, retailers, insurance companies, etc.
- Require massive file transfers and mainframe CPU processing power
- Want mainframe security to mitigate risk from unauthorized use
- Need seamless transition from FTP to SFTP
Ease of use
- ISPF application for installation and configuration
- Configurable FTP fallback option for controlled and phased deployment
- System-wide and user-specific file transfer profiles
- Listing of MVS data sets as files and folders for easy interactive command line
User and server authentication
- Authentication and access control through SAF calls to RACF, ACF2, and TSS
- ser authentication with passwords
- User and server authentication with X.509 certificates
- User and server authentication with public keys
- Logging and auditing using SMF records and Syslogd facilities