About This Document
SSH Tectia Server (M) provides secure file transfer, secure shell access, remote
shell command execution, and TCP tunneling. Together with SSH Tectia Connector, which
is available on Windows, it provides transparent secure TN3270
SSH Tectia Server 5.1 (M) is based on SSH Tectia Client and Server 4.3 and has file
transfer features of SSH Tectia Server 5.0 (F). These products are available for
Unix, Linux, and Windows platforms.
SSH Tectia Server 5.1 (M) runs under z/OS versions 1.4 and later. It installs to
z/OS Unix System Services (USS), but it can be run in the native
environment (hereafter MVS) and process files of the native file system.
This document contains instructions on installing and using
SSH Tectia Server (M) on z/OS.
In order to fully utilize the information presented in this document,
you should be familiar also with other system administration tasks.
This document contains the following information:
- installing SSH Tectia Server (M)
- using SSH Tectia Server (M)
- troubleshooting SSH Tectia Server (M)
- configuring SSH Tectia Server
- authentication settings
- application tunneling
SSH Tectia Client/Server Product Description contains important background
information on the SSH Tectia client/server solution, and we recommend that you
read it before installing and starting SSH Tectia Server (M).
In addition, the following documents will aid in understanding the
Secure Shell protocol and installing and using the product:
- The manual pages in the
man subdirectory of the SSH Tectia installation directory
- The documentation for SSH Tectia Client and Server 4.3 and 5.0 on Windows and Unix
- The general literature about Secure Shell, e.g. SSH, The Secure Shell: The Definitive Guide by O'Reilly
- IETF Internet Drafts at http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/secsh-charter.html