Using SSH2 Software Keys
To enable public-key authentication using an SSH2 software key, do the following:
- Start SSH Tectia Client. SSH Accession Lite is started automatically.
- Using SSH Tectia Client, connect to a remote host computer and authenticate yourself using a password (or whichever method is used).
- In SSH Tectia Client, select Edit -> Settings. Select the Authentication page and add Public Key to the Authentication Methods list. Verify that the Public-Key Authentication Methods list has SSH Accession Keys and SSH Accession Certificates selected.
- Next, select the Keys page and click Generate New.... Follow the steps in the Key Generation wizard. Give a name and a passphrase for the key.
- Next, load the key automatically to SSH Accession Lite upon startup. In SSH Accession Lite, select Edit -> Settings... and select the Compatibility tab. Under Software keys, select the Load keys on startup check box. Click OK.
- Upload the public key to the remote host computer. Select the SSH Accession page in SSH Tectia Client Settings. Select the key and click Upload Public Key.... The Upload Public Key dialog box opens. To upload the public key to the default location, click Upload.
You are now ready to use the key for authentication. Repeat step 6 for each remote host you wish to connect to using this key.
Next time you are connecting to the remote host, you only need to start SSH Tectia Client and open the connection. You will be prompted for the passphrase of the key. By default this is done only once, regardless of how many Secure Shell connections you open.
For more information on SSH Accession Lite, see SSH Accession Lite User Manual.