Using SSH2 Software Keys
To enable public-key authentication using an SSH2 software key, do the following:
- Start SSH Tectia Client. SSH Accession Lite is started automatically.
- Using SSH Tectia Client, connect to a remote host computer and
authenticate yourself using a password (or whichever method is used).
- In SSH Tectia Client, select Edit -> Settings.
Select the Authentication page and add Public Key
to the Authentication Methods list. Verify that the
Public-Key Authentication Methods list has SSH Accession
Keys and SSH Accession Certificates selected.
- Next, select the Keys page and click Generate
New.... Follow the steps in the Key Generation wizard. Give
a name and a passphrase for the key.
- Next, load the key automatically to SSH Accession Lite upon startup. In SSH Accession Lite,
select Edit -> Settings... and select the
Compatibility tab. Under Software keys, select the Load keys
on startup check box. Click OK.
- Upload the public key to the remote host computer. Select
the SSH Accession page in SSH Tectia Client Settings. Select the key and
click Upload Public Key.... The Upload Public Key
dialog box opens. To upload the public key to the default location,
You are now ready to use the key for authentication. Repeat step 6 for
each remote host you wish to connect to using this key.
Next time you are connecting to the remote host, you only need to start
SSH Tectia Client and open the connection. You will be prompted for the passphrase of
the key. By default this is done only once, regardless of how many Secure
Shell connections you open.
For more information on SSH Accession Lite, see SSH Accession Lite User Manual.