SSH Communications Security Shortlisted for 2014 SC Magazine Awards Europe
HELSINKI, Finland and WALTHAM, Mass., March 18, 2014 – SSH Communications Security, known the world over as the inventor of the ubiquitous Secure Shell and SFTP protocols and Secure Shell key management solutions, today announced that two of its solutions have been shortlisted for the prestigious 2014 SC Magazine Awards Europe in the following categories:
Best Encryption Solution for CryptoAuditor™
Best Identity Solution for Universal SSH Key Manager™
- CryptoAuditor is an advanced content-aware access management solution that monitors, records and controls encrypted SSH, SFTP and RDP traffic and enables layered defenses such as DLP, IPS and SIEMs to detect threats and malicious activities within encrypted channels.
- A lack of encrypted channel monitoring and privileged identity management has led to recent high profile breaches where attackers were able to access critical information assets and exfiltrate data without detection.
- CryptoAuditor stops data loss by providing visibility and control within encrypted channels while enforcing policy at the network level concerning what identities are authorized to do within the environment.
- Universal SSH Key Manager is the only full-lifecycle access control solution on the market that automates the discovery, management, monitoring, remediation and reporting of Secure Shell environments.
- The typical Fortune 500 organization has over 1 million Secure Shell user keys that grant access to mission critical information and systems, yet most C-level executives, IT security, risk management and audit professionals are unaware of the size and scope of the risk.
- Universal SSH Key Manager reduces the security risks and addresses compliance issues related to unmanaged access to IT resources via Secure Shell.
- SSH Communications Security has managed the world’s largest key remediation projects, helping organizations reduce risk and meet compliance mandates.
Tatu Ylönen, CEO and founder of SSH Communications Security, said:
“Advanced persistent threats – including the recently-uncovered “Mask” (a.k.a. Careto) malware – demonstrate how attackers are increasingly using lost or stolen Secure Shell authentication keys to gain access to critical systems. When coupled with the fact that most organizations don’t effectively monitor their encrypted channels for malicious activities, the risk associated with unmanaged and unmonitored environments is unacceptable. We designed CryptoAuditor and Universal SSH Key Manager to provide organizations with full insight into – and control over – their Secure Shell environments in order to improve compliance and security. We are proud to have our technology recognized by the 2014 SC Magazine Awards Europe.”
About SSH Communications Security
Founded in 1995, SSH Communications Security is the company that invented the SSH protocol - the gold standard protocol for data-in-transit security solutions. Today, over 3,000 customers across the globe - including seven of the Fortune 10 - trust our Security and Access Management Platform to secure the path to their information assets. We enable and enhance business for thousands of customers in multiple industries in the private and public sectors around the world. A fast-growing company, SSH Communications Security operates in the Americas, Europe, and APAC regions, with headquarters located in Helsinki, Finland. The company’s shares (SSH1V) are quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
For more information on SSH Communications Security please visit https://ssh.com.