SSH Communications Security Posts Strong Growth and Profitability in 2013
Company Solidifies Leadership Momentum in Encryption, Access Control and Privileged Identity Management
HELSINKI, Finland and WALTHAM, Mass. - SSH Communications Security, known the world over as the inventor of the ubiquitous secure shell and SFTP protocols, today announced that its growth, profitability and thought leadership contributed to strong momentum throughout 2013 and into 2014.
- Expanded key remediation and deployment services agreement with a top five global bank.
- Signed CryptoAuditor licensing agreements with one of Europe’s largest cloud and IT services providers, as well as with a leading international securities depository organization based in Europe.
- An exchange provider based in Germany selected Universal SSH Key Manager to control access to its Secure Shell environment.
- The company was profitable for the second consecutive year,even with heavy investment into market creation, research and development.
- Grew head count by 41 percent year-on-year in anticipation of the next phase of expansion.
- Strong market opportunities for Secure Shell management solutions speak to the critical need for key-based access control and auditing encrypted traffic in large IT environments.
Tatu Ylönen, CEO and founder of SSH Communications Security, said:
“Cyber-security solutions from trusted sources are in high need. Our deep expertise in encryption, key management, authentication and distributed systems has opened major new growth opportunities in government, financial and enterprise markets. We anticipate driving our current pace of success throughout 2014 and beyond.”
About SSH Communications Security
Founded in 1995, SSH Communications Security is the company that invented the SSH protocol - the gold standard protocol for data-in-transit security solutions. Today, over 3,000 customers across the globe - including seven of the Fortune 10 - trust our Information Assurance Platform to secure the path to their information assets. We enable and enhance business for thousands of customers in multiple industries in the private and public sectors around the world. A fast-growing company, SSH Communications Security operates in the Americas, Europe, and APAC regions, with headquarters located in Helsinki, Finland. The company shares (SSH1V) are quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.