SSH Communications Security Selects Sami Ahvenniemi To Lead Operations in the Americas
HELSINKI, Finland and WALTHAM, Mass. – SSH Communications Security, known the world over as the inventor of the ubiquitous Secure Shell and SFTP protocols, today announced the appointment of Sami Ahvenniemi as president & CEO, Americas and to its group management team.
Key News Facts:
- Ahvenniemi was most recently chairman of the SSH Communications Security board of directors. Ahvenniemi will continue as a member of the board after his appointment.
- Ahvenniemi’s appointment underscores SSH’s goal of expanding its U.S. presence as the leading provider of Fortune 1000 Secure Shell management solutions.
- Ahvenniemi was previously founding partner of Conor Venture Partners , an early-stage venture firm. Ahvenniemi has served on the boards of several high tech companies that have successfully broken into the U.S. market.
- Ahvenniemi was responsible for establishing SSH operations and sales in North and South America.
Key SSH Facts:
- Mismanaged Secure Shell keys expose organizations to compliance issues and severe security risks especially when keys authorizing high levels of administrative privilege are uncontrolled and their use unmonitored.
- Universal SSH Key Manager is the industry’s only comprehensive Secure Shell access solution that automates the discovery, management, monitoring and reporting of Secure Shell keys in the network environment, thereby saving time and money while significantly reducing risk.
- SSH’s access control services facilitates risk, audit & compliance processes by discovering and remediating Secure Shell access control related security issues.
Tatu Ylönen, CEO and founder of SSH Communications Security, said:
“The threat landscape is changing rapidly, and organizations must adopt comprehensive data security strategies that account for Secure Shell key management as an integral component. Sami is a key player at SSH, and we are grateful to have the benefit of his technical experience and commitment to excellence in such an important role.”
About SSH Communications Security
Founded in 1995, SSH Communications Security is the company that invented the SSH protocol - the gold standard protocol for data-in-transit security solutions. Today, over 3,000 customers across the globe - including seven of the Fortune 10 - trust our Information Assurance Platform to secure the path to their information assets. We enable and enhance business for thousands of customers in multiple industries in the private and public sectors around the world. A fast-growing company, SSH Communications Security operates in the Americas, Europe, and APAC regions, with headquarters located in Helsinki, Finland. The company shares (SSH1V) are quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
For more information on SSH Communications Security please visit www.ssh.com.