Bold SSH Key Management Initiatives Supported by Key Hires, New Programs and Continued Customer Wins
SSH Communications Security’s Success Driven by Urgent Need for Governance of Trusted Access
HELSINKI and WALTHAM, Mass., Feb. 1, 2017 – SSH Communications Security today announced that important customer wins, a new partner program and key executive additions have resulted in a strong start to 2017.
Serious security threats and compliance violations await those who do not properly manage trusted access to critical networks. Founded by Secure Shell inventor Tatu Ylönen, the company continues to dominate the cybersecurity industry with strategic moves that include:
Key hires – SSH Communications Security continues to strengthen its executive team with experienced leaders in the high-tech industry, including:
- Kaisa Olkkonen will serve as the company’s CEO. She is an experienced leader and expert in international business, legal matters, intellectual property and digitalization. She was previously a VP at Nokia Corporation and chairman of the board at SSH Communications Security.
- Chris Riley has joined the team as president of SSH Inc. U.S. He has worked in IT and information security for 21 years, with extensive experience in identity assurance, data security, governance and risk management, including more than 10 years at RSA Security in various leadership roles.
New partner program – SSH’s enterprise-level, partner-ready platform has dedicated resources to create exceptional pre- and post-sales enablement to address critical trusted access needs. SSH has increased recruitment of partners in three areas:
- Enterprise-focused resellers who are able to broaden the company’s reach geographically and into new market segments
- IAM-focused system integrators who sell to their own customers as well as leverage SSH’s professional services
- Technology alliances that increase customer success by adding pre-integrated offerings to existing security and governance platforms
Customer wins – Two major European banks have chosen SSH Communications Security’s CryptoAuditor and Universal SSH Key Manager to reduce risk and ensure compliance.
Kaisa Olkkonen, CEO, SSH Communications Security, said: “As the cyber threat landscape has become increasingly treacherous, enterprises have had to focus on securing the infrastructure that underpins their networks. Our platform-based approach to trusted access governance provides the only solution on the market that addresses the need for security, compliance and operational efficiency in today’s complex enterprise environments. As CEO, I look forward to driving key initiatives that enable, control and audit trusted access for our customers around the globe.”
Chris Riley, president of SSH Inc. U.S., said: “SSH was created due to security concerns on the nascent internet. 20 years later, the digital landscape has become even less secure. Improper SSH key management is a major contributing factor to this insecurity, signaling the need for organizations to gain control and governance over this often-forgotten critical access. We are energized by the changes 2016 brought and anticipate ongoing growth and innovation in 2017 as organizations trust us with their encryption, key management and authentication needs.”
About SSH Communications Security
SSH Communications Security (NASDAQ OMX) is a leading provider of enterprise cybersecurity solutions that monitor, control and automate trusted access to critical data. The company’s long track record of innovation includes Secure Shell (SSH) - one of the world’s most widely used network security protocols. Demanding customers worldwide trust our flagship Universal SSH Key Manager® and other solutions to manage access, enhance security, and achieve compliance. The Company sells direct through offices in North America, Europe and Asia and through a global network of certified partners. Access more at www.ssh.com.