SSH Communications Security to Launch Encrypted Channel Monitoring for the Cloud
Introducing Privileged Access Management and Monitoring to Amazon EC2 Cloud Environments
HELSINKI and WALTHAM, Mass., Mar. 11, 2015 – With the ongoing rapid adoption of cloud services comes the need for effective cloud security. SSH Communications Security today announced the upcoming release of new features in CryptoAuditor that will enable privileged access management (PAM) and monitoring over sensitive data assets stored in the cloud. The company will begin select customer evaluations this month, with general availability planned for April. For more information, visit https://ssh.com/products/cryptoauditor.
CryptoAuditor enables major enterprises, financial institutions and federal agencies to take control of privileged access to their assets in the cloud, delivering:
- Support for Amazon cloud: The offering enables deployment to Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) as an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) and will be available also on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace.
- Purpose-built security for dynamic environments: Due to its inline, network-based approach and scalable deployment model, CryptoAuditor is uniquely suited for managing privileged access in elastic cloud environments. Its distributed virtual appliance architecture and transparent monitoring capabilities enable CryptoAuditor to adapt to dynamically changing networks without disrupting existing business processes or user experience.
- Cloud-based PAM: Organizations that use Amazon cloud services can now authenticate and monitor privileged access in cloud environments, as well as manage privileged identities inside cloud infrastructure.
- Data exfiltration prevention: CryptoAuditor helps prevent data loss across encrypted channel traffic with real-time, transparent audit capabilities for enterprises transmitting sensitive information to the cloud.
- Encrypted data monitoring: CryptoAuditor can intercept, monitor, record and replay the content of the most common data-in-transit encryption protocols used in enterprise environments for interactive and automated sessions.
Matthew McKenna, COO, SSH Communications Security, said:
“Security concerns are still a major factor in preventing greater levels of migration to cloud services, despite the clear business benefits in flexibility and cost savings that the cloud can deliver. Encrypted channels are vital for securing confidential information, but at the same time they can provide a cloak for malicious activity. SSH has a great market potential in deploying CryptoAuditor into federal and commercial cloud environments, with a unique ability to transparently monitor, audit and control encrypted channels throughout the application layer and OS level cloud stack. This new version of CryptoAuditor will offer organizations that use Amazon EC2 control and visibility without compromising the security of their encrypted channels.”
About SSH Communications Security
As the inventor of the SSH protocol, we have a twenty-year history of leading the market in developing advanced security solutions that enable, monitor, and manage encrypted networks. Over 3,000 customers across the globe trust the company’s encryption, access control and encrypted channel monitoring solutions to meet complex compliance requirements, improve their security posture and save on operational costs. SSH Communications Security is headquartered in Helsinki and has offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia. The company’s shares (SSH1V) are quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.For more information on SSH Communications Security, please visit www.ssh.com