The following permissions are required for installing and running SSH Tectia Server for IBM z/OS:
- File system requirements
Write access to the
/etc directories is required during the installation.
- User account requirements for installing the server
- The setup script uses the
extattr command to make the server program,
/usr/lpp/ssh2/sbin/sshd2, program-controlled. To issue the command, the user account running the setup must have read access to the
- The user account running the setup must have an OMVS segment and the UID 0.
- User account requirements for running the server
It is recommended that a user account,
SSHD2, is created for running SSH Tectia Server for IBM z/OS, see Section Creating the SSHD2 User:
- The user account running the server must have an OMVS segment and the UID 0.
- If the
BPX.DAEMON FACILITY class profile is defined, the user must have read access to it.
- User account requirements for using SSH Tectia client programs
- Required: An OMVS segment
- Optional: A home directory, needed only for storing host keys or public keys
- Library requirements
CEE.SCEERUN2 libraries must be available in
CEE.SCEERUN2 must be program-controlled.
- TCP permissions
The server must be allowed to listen to port 22 (or other configured Secure Shell port).
- Permissions for storing keys in SAF
If the server host key or the user keys are going to be stored in the System Authorization Facility (SAF), additional permissions are required.
[ Contact Information | Support | Feedback | SSH Home Page | SSH Products ]
Copyright © 2007 SSH Communications Security Corp.
This software is protected by international copyright laws. All rights reserved.