The following permissions are required for installing and running SSH Tectia Server for IBM z/OS:
- File system requirements
Write access to the
/opt directory is required during the installation.
- User account requirements for installing the server
- The setup script uses the
extattr command to make the server program,
/opt/tectia/sbin/sshd2, program-controlled. To issue the command, the user account running the setup must have read access to the
- The user account running the setup must have an OMVS segment and the UID 0.
- User account requirements for running the server
It is recommended that a user account,
SSHD2, is created for running SSH Tectia Server for IBM z/OS, see Section Creating the SSHD2 User:
- The user account running the server must have an OMVS segment and the UID 0.
- If the
BPX.DAEMON FACILITY class profile is defined, the user must have read access to it.
- User account requirements for using SSH Tectia client programs
- Required: An OMVS segment
- Optional: A home directory, needed only for storing host keys or public keys
- Library requirements
CEE.SCEERUN2 libraries must be available in
CEE.SCEERUN2 must be program-controlled.
- TCP permissions
The server must be allowed to listen to port 22 (or other configured Secure Shell port).
- Permissions for storing keys in SAF
If the server host key or the user keys are going to be stored in the System Authorization Facility (SAF), additional permissions are required. See Section Using the z/OS System Authorization Facility for more information.
[ Contact Information | Support | Feedback | SSH Home Page | SSH Products ]
Copyright © 2011 SSH Communications Security Corp.
This software is protected by international copyright laws. All rights reserved.