About This Document
This document contains instructions on installing and using
SSH Tectia Server for IBM z/OS on IBM mainframes.
To fully utilize the information presented in this document, you should be
familiar with Unix System Services (USS) of z/OS and Unix concepts in
This document contains the following information:
- installing SSH Tectia Server for IBM z/OS
- getting started with SSH Tectia Server for IBM z/OS
- server configuration settings
- client configuration settings
- server and user authentication
- secure file transfer using SFTP
- secure file transfer using transparent FTP tunneling
- generic Secure Shell tunneling
SSH Tectia Server for IBM z/OS Product Description contains important background
information on the SSH Tectia client/server solution, and we recommend that you read it before
installing and starting SSH Tectia Server for IBM z/OS.
SSH Tectia Server for IBM z/OS Quick Start Guide gives quick instructions for
getting started with SSH Tectia Server for IBM z/OS on IBM mainframes.
The manual pages in the
man subdirectory of the SSH Tectia
installation directory describe the commands and configuration file
options in detail. The man pages are also contained in Appendix
Man Pages on this manual.
In addition, the following documents will aid in understanding the
Secure Shell protocol and using the product:
- The general literature about Secure Shell, e.g. SSH, The Secure Shell: The Definitive Guide by O'Reilly
- The Secure Shell RFCs 4250-4256 at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/