Table of Contents
- Starting Tectia Server in Debug Mode
- Collecting System Information for Troubleshooting
- Solving Problem Situations
- CPU Overload on Tectia Server on HP-UX
- Invalid Host Key Permissions on Windows
- Invalid Configuration File Permissions on Windows
- Authentication Fails for Domain Account on Tectia Server on Windows
- Last Login Time is Incorrect on Windows
- Virtual Folders Defined on Windows Network Shared Folders Are Not Available on Tectia Server on Windows
In case you encounter problems when running the Tectia Server software, you can try and solve the situation yourself first, and if that does not help, contact Tectia support.
Before you contact SSH technical support, run the ssh-troubleshoot (ssh-troubleshoot.cmd on Windows) tool to collect necessary information on your system and the installed Tectia products. This information will help in analysing the reported problems, as the technical support gets to know exact details about the environment where the Tectia products are running. See instructions in Collecting System Information for Troubleshooting.
For information on accessing the Tectia online support resources and contacting SSH technical support, see Customer Support.