SSH Communications Security Corp.
Copyright © 1995–2010 SSH Communications Security Corp.
This software is protected by international copyright laws. All rights reserved. ssh® and Tectia® are registered trademarks of SSH Communications Security Corp in the United States and in certain other jurisdictions. The SSH and Tectia logos are trademarks of SSH Communications Security Corp and may be registered in certain jurisdictions. All other names and marks are property of their respective owners.
No part of this publication may be reproduced, published, stored in an electronic database, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, recording, or otherwise, for any purpose, without the prior written permission of SSH Communications Security Corp.
THERE IS NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND FOR THE ACCURACY OR USEFULNESS OF THIS INFORMATION EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR EXPRESSLY AGREED IN WRITING.
For Open Source Software acknowledgements, see appendix Open Source Software License Acknowledgements in the Product Description.
17 June 2010
Table of Contents
- 1. About This Document
- 2. Introduction
- 3. Features and Benefits
- FTP Replacement
- Enhanced File Transfer (EFT) with SSH Tectia ConnectSecure
- Secure Application Connections
- Strong Authentication
- SSH Tectia Client/Server Solution Features
- High Performance with SSH G3
- Ease of Use
- Centralized Management with SSH Tectia Manager
- Cooperation with IBM Mainframes
- 4. Architecture
- 5. Use Cases
- Replacing Plaintext FTP with FTP-SFTP Conversion
- Securing Plaintext FTP with Transparent FTP Tunneling
- Integrating an Extranet Application with SFTP
- Securing Gateways with SSH Tectia ConnectSecure
- Hardening Application Connectivity with Transparent TCP Tunneling
- Secure Application Login with Kerberos/GSSAPI
- Remote Access through Nested Tunnels
- Secure System Administration
- Secure System Administration with RSA SecurID
- 6. Product Specification
- Supported Operating Systems
- Hardware and Space Requirements
- SSH Tectia Features per Product
- Supported Authentication Methods
- Supported Cryptographic Algorithms, Protocols, and Standards
- Supported Third-Party Products
- Open Source Software License Acknowledgements