The file transfer operations between the local and remote host computers are displayed in the file transfer window Transfer View. Transfer View consists of the Transfer page and the Queue page. Click the appropriate tab at the top of Transfer View to view the pages.
The Transfer page of the Transfer View displays a list of files that have been transferred between the computers. The page gives the following information on the transferred files:
The direction of the transfer is depicted with an arrow. Uploads are marked with an arrow pointing up, and downloads with an arrow pointing down.
- Source File
The original name of the file in the source system.
- Source Directory
The directory the file was transferred from.
- Destination Directory
The directory the file was transferred to.
The size of the file, expressed in bytes.
The transfer status of the file. Files waiting for transfer to start are marked as
Queued. The status of ongoing transfers is displayed as a progress bar. Successfully transferred files are marked as
Complete. Files whose transfer operation has been cancelled are marked as
Errors that prevent the file transfer from completing are displayed in the status column as well. Files that cannot be transferred due to an error are marked with the
The speed of the transfer operation, expressed in kilobytes per second (kB/s).
During the transfer operation, this column displays the estimated time to complete the transfer. After the transfer has been completed, the actual time used for the transfer is displayed.
Transfer Shortcut Menu
Right-clicking the Transfer page opens a shortcut menu with the following options:
- To stop transferring files, select the files that you do not want to have transferred, right-click the Transfer page and select Cancel.
- To delete files from the queue, select the files that you do not want to keep in the Transfer page, right-click the Transfer page and select Remove.
- To transfer again files that were not succesfully transferred previously, select the files, right-click the Transfer page and select Retry.
- To remove files from the local directory, select the files that you do not want to keep in the local directory, right-click the Transfer page and select Delete Local File.
- To remove files from the remote directory, select the files that you do not want to keep in the remote directory, right-click the Transfer page and select Delete Remote File.
- To remove completely transferred and cancelled files from the Transfer page, right-click the Transfer page and select Clear Finished.
- To export the list into a text file, right-click the Transfer page and select Export List. The Save As dialog opens, allowing you to specify the location and name of the text file. The text file will contain the path and file names of the transferred files in both the remote and local system, and the file size, separated by commas. This option can be used to maintain a log of your file transfers.
The Queue page of Transfer View can be used to create a customized list of files that are to be transferred at a later stage. You can use the mouse to drag and drop files on the Queue page, where they wait to be transferred.
Queue Shortcut Menu
Right-clicking the Queue page opens a shortcut menu with the following options:
- To add files to the queue, right-click on the Queue page and select Add. The Edit Transfer Queue dialog appears. Click New above the list area to type in the path to a new file to be transferred, or click the ellipsis button (
...) to open a dialog for selecting files.
- To edit the target locations of the queued files, select a file to edit, right-click the Queue page and select Edit. The Edit Transfer Queue dialog opens, allowing you to type in a new destination directory for the file. You can also click the ellipsis button (
...) to open a dialog that you can use to select the destination directory. You can use the Edit option for several files at the same time, but the direction of the transfer (upload or download) must be the same for all of the files.
- To delete files from the queue, select the files, right-click the Queue page and select Remove.
- To transfer single files, select them, right-click the Queue page and select Transfer .
- To transfer all the queued files, right-click the Queue page and select Transfer All.
[ Contact Information | Support | Feedback | SSH Home Page | SSH Products ]
Copyright © 2010 SSH Communications Security Corp.
This software is protected by international copyright laws. All rights reserved.