IT Security Support Engineer
We are looking for a Support Engineer to join our global Support Team in Helsinki.
We are looking for a Support Engineer to work in our Global Support Team that provides support to our data-in transit security solutions customers. We have a great team of highly experienced and motivated people providing 24 x7 support, and a focused yet relaxed international working environment. There is also a potential for an on-call period which is roughly one week per month. The location is in Helsink.
Main job responsibilities:
- Handling and solving support cases from end customers and SSH Solution Partners
- Taking lead in support cases and communication, acting as the customer’s key point of contact for technical issues and taking ownership of the cases from the beginning to the end
- Proactively ensure that technical issues of support cases are handled in a timely and effective manner, and keep partner and customer engineers actively engaged
- Providing on-site customer support services when necessary
- An independent worker with a customer focused team player mindset.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Good understanding and communication skills for communicating with both technical and business (non-technical) customers.
- Record of taking ownership of issues and following through to resolution
- Willingness to learn
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Basic understanding of network security technologies and protocols, e.g. Secure Shell (SSH)
- Familiar with Secure file transfer protocols (SFTP, FTPS)
- Technical ability to write file transfer scripts, perform command line/GUI functions, install software, troubleshoot, and perform product demonstrations
- Good understanding of large enterprise IT environments and architectures
- Previous experience in QA, Software support or software development positions
- Familiarity with PKI products and implementations
- Familiarity with cloud computing
- Unix/Linux/Windows/zOS Server administration experience and networked environments
- Willingness to travel
- Additional language skills (e.g. German, Japanese, Spanish)
- An opportunity to work with some of the best developers and engineers to build world-class cyber security solutions to leading customers
- A global career development path
- Excellent possibilities to learn and grow
- A demanding, motivating, and rewarding working environment
- 100+ fantastic, active colleagues around the world with a wealth of exciting extracurricular activities.
- Competitive salary and benefits including extensive health care, flexible working hours and remote work option, company supported sports activities, gym and sauna at the premises.
How to apply:
Please send your application by 30th of September 2016 via the apply link. If you have any questions, please contact Martin Brandes (USA, Waltham) (firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp)
As the inventor of the SSH protocol, we have a twenty-year history of leading the market in developing advanced security solutions for enterprises. Over 3,000 customers across the globe, among them several Fortune 500 companies, trust the company’s encryption, access control and encrypted channel monitoring solutions.
For more information on SSH Communications Security, please visit www.ssh.com