Senior Backend Developer (Unix/Python)
We are looking for a can-do backend developer (Unix/Python) to join our R&D team in Helsinki
You will be developing the next generation access and identity management products used by some of the largest enterprises in the world. We have a great team of highly experienced and motivated people, and a focused but relaxed international working environment where everyone is encouraged to take initiative in developing our products and working methods. We use agile methodologies and continue investing heavily on test automation and continuous integration.
We use modern cloud technology stack and are steadily moving towards more distributed architecture. Technologies include Python 3, Go, Gunicorn, Swagger, Redis and Celery. On database side we support both PostgreSQL and Oracle. In testing and CI we use Robot Framework, Docker, OpenStack, GitLab and Jenkins.
- Previous experience and keen interest on developing software with Python
- Sysadmin level Linux/Unix knowledge, experience on HP-UX, Solaris and/or AIX
- Good communication skills in English
- Good team skills
We value experience with at least some of these:
- Experience on CI and build systems
- Experience on configuration management and orchestration tools like Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Mastering of Unix command-line tools, shell scripting, Perl, awk etc.
- Experience with IaaS platforrms (AWS, OpenStack) and Docker
- Experience on databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle) and concurrent database access
- Familiarity with SSH protocol and SSH public key authentication
- Understanding of IT security and network technologies and protocols
- Chance to work in a team of highly experienced and motivated engineers to build world-class security software
- Competitive salary and benefits including extensive health care, flexible working hours and remote work option, company supported sport activities, gym and sauna at the premises.
How to Apply:
We aim on filling in this position quickly, so please send your application right away. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Founded in 1995, SSH Communications Security is the company that invented the SSH protocol - the gold standard protocol for data-in-transit security solutions. We enable and enhance business for thousands of customers in multiple industries in the private and public sectors around the world with our core SSH technology, key management, and auditing solutions. We operate in the Americas, Europe, and APAC regions, with headquarters located in Helsinki, Finland.
For more information on SSH Communications Security, please visit www.ssh.com