Leading Financial Institution Selects CryptoAuditor to Monitor Encrypted Traffic in Data Centers
SSH Communications Security Delivers Monitoring Capabilities
Across Extended Enterprise Environments
HELSINKI and WALTHAM, Mass.,May 13, 2014 – SSH Communications Security, known the world over as the inventor of the ubiquitous Secure Shell and SFTP protocols, today announced that a leading international financial institution has selected its CryptoAuditor™ solution to monitor remote administrator connections and encrypted traffic traveling into and across its data centers.
- CryptoAuditor is an identity and access intelligence (IAI) solution that enables organizations to continuously monitor traffic on encrypted networks, delivering critical context to network and information access.
- Financial institutions increasingly rely on the extended enterprise – including external contractors and remote employees working on internal systems – to efficiently run their businesses. This new norm creates security challenges that must be addressed.
- As a minimally invasive, inline solution, CryptoAuditor is invisible to the end user, requires no staff training or IT help desk support and does not impact administrator work flow.
- CryptoAuditor enables monitoring of interactive (human) identities as well as machine-to-machine identities.
- With its real-time DLP and SIEM enablement capabilities, CryptoAuditor interoperates with existing security intelligence solutions, extending security analytics and monitoring capabilities to previously-unmonitored areas of the network.
Samuli Siltanen, vice president, EMEA, SSH Communications Security, said:
“While ubiquitous encryption protects information from common attack vectors – such as man-in-the-middle and sniffer attacks – it can also be exploited by malicious insiders to conceal attempts to secretly access systems and steal information. Because this financial customer utilizes an extended enterprise environment, it needs to monitor its remote administrators and external contractors that access data centers via Secure Shell at the same security levels it extends over on-site employees. CryptoAuditor delivers the ability to do just that.”
About SSH Communications Security
Founded in 1995, SSH Communications Security is the company that invented the SSH protocol - the gold standard protocol for data-in-transit security solutions. Today, over 3,000 customers across the globe - including seven of the Fortune 10 - trust our Information Assurance Platform to secure the path to their information assets. We enable and enhance business for thousands of customers in multiple industries in the private and public sectors around the world. A fast-growing company, SSH Communications Security operates in the Americas, Europe, and APAC regions, with headquarters located in Helsinki, Finland. The company’s shares (SSH1V) are quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.