HELSINKI, Finland and WALTHAM, Mass., Dec. 3, 2013 – SSH Communications Security, known the world over as the inventor of the ubiquitous Secure Shell and SFTP protocols, today announced that one of Europe’s largest IT cloud services providers has selected SSH’s CryptoAuditor™ solution to monitor encrypted traffic across the provider’s data centers. The deal, valued at €1 million, includes both software licenses and maintenance.
- Organizations increasingly rely on cloud-based services, including external contractors and remote employees working on internal systems, to efficiently run their businesses, a trend that is creating new security risks and challenges.
- CryptoAuditor is an identity and access intelligence (IAI) solution that enables organizations to continuously monitor traffic on their encrypted networks, which provides critical context to network and information access.
- As a minimally-invasive, inline solution, CryptoAuditor is invisible to the end user, requires minimal staff training or IT help desk support and does not impact the work flow of administrators.
- CryptoAuditor is the only solution on the market capable of monitoring both interactive (human) identities – specific, individual authenticated accounts – as well as machine-to-machine (M2M) identities.
- With its real-time DLP and SIEM enablement capabilities, CryptoAuditor interoperates with existing security intelligence architecture, extending security analytics and monitoring capabilities to previously unmonitored areas of the network.
Tatu Ylönen, CEO and founder of SSH Communications Security, said:
“As has been seen in recent high profile breaches, unmonitored encrypted channels allow attackers to secretly “exfiltrate” data by blinding security operations and forensics teams to the exploit itself, what was taken and to where. CryptoAuditor is uniquely positioned to help cloud services providers - and data centers in general - monitor and control access to their infrastructure, applications and data. Because the solution is designed to operate in an inline fashion, it is completely transparent to administrators, minimally disruptive to existing workflows, while still providing a full audit trail via advanced search capabilities and a visual replay for all interactive and machine-to-machine SSH, SFTP and RDP connections.”
About SSH Communications Security
Founded in 1995, SSH Communications Security is the company that invented the SSH protocol - the gold standard protocol for data-in-transit security solutions. Today, over 3,000 customers across the globe - including seven of the Fortune 10 - trust our Information Assurance Platform to secure the path to their information assets. We enable and enhance business for thousands of customers in multiple industries in the private and public sectors around the world. A fast-growing company, SSH Communications Security operates in the Americas, Europe, and APAC regions, with headquarters located in Helsinki, Finland. The company shares (SSH1V) are quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
For more information on SSH Communications Security please visit http://www.ssh.com