Presales Technical Support Engineer (West)
Presales Technical Support Engineer (West)
The SSH Communications Security, Inc., Presales Technical Support Engineer is responsible for presales support to SSH network security solution customers located in North & South America. Responsibilities include supporting SSH's enterprise, financial, and government customers, solving technical implementation issues, participating actively in the company's global presales support operations, and working with SSH R&D to resolve issues with products and applications.
We are seeking dynamic, self-motivated candidates with a strong work ethic who are passionate about technology and interested in growing with SSH Communications Security, Inc., as we strengthen our leadership in Enterprise SSH & SFTP Management and Monitoring.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Location: Western USA
Position Type: full-time, salaried
Travel required: 30%+ (Likely much less than this, but must be able to travel.)
This position focuses on providing Presales Technical Support, assisting sales personnel in all technical aspects of the sales process. This role will be largely focused on the company's newly developed technologies in SSH & SFTP Management and Monitoring.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answer detailed presales questions from prospective customers regarding the SSH Communications Security, Inc., product line and best use of the products in the respective customer infrastructure(s).
- Plan and execute proof of concepts (POC) with potential new customers.
- On-site visits to prospective/existing customers for product presentations, demos, training, Q&A sessions.
- Ensure that customer SLAs are met.
- Participate in Support Services & Sales conference calls with Support Service management, US Sales Team and Finnish Support Services.
- Communicate clearly and precisely regarding "hot" issues and trends to Support Services Management and Product Management.
- Take ownership of presales customer issues from beginning to resolution.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, customer-focused individual able to work independently and in team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, processes, and industry regulations.
- Must have strong verbal and presentation/communication skills in English (other languages a plus), with the ability to tailor dialogue to target audience.
- Experience with writing documentation, assisting with Statement of Work (SOW) development, and written correspondence with customers and vendors.
- Must have the ability to estimate scope and effort accurately in order to prepare Level of Effort (LOE) documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to for effective communication with team members, customers and vendors.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Understanding all details – technical and otherwise –and effectively communicating with technical and business customers.
- Ability to create, manage and enhance customer relationships; Developing and maintaining relationships with customer and vendor technical contacts.
- Plan, coordinate and execute projects and assignments efficiently.
- Ability to perform product demonstrations.
Required Technical Skills:
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong knowledge of SSH/SFTP key authentication and verification concepts.
- Good understanding of large enterprise IT environments and architectures.
- Familiarity with PKI products and implementations.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with VMWare, Microsoft, Linux, AIX, HP-UX, and Solaris operating systems in networked environments.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory or other LDAP systems
- Ability to provide technical consulting services in an appropriate and customer-focused manner, including implementation of services and training for all SSH Communications Security, Inc., products.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise security practices and products.
- Minimum of 3+ years in Unix or Linux administration.
- Minimum of 3+ years in an IT Technical Implementation, Technical Consultant, Sales Engineer, or Post-Sales Engineer position.
- Minimum of 3+ years in a Technical Security-related field.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Strong understanding of network security technologies and protocols, e.g. Secure Shell (SSH, SFTP, FTPS, RDP).
- General understanding of cryptographic concepts: symmetric/asymmetric cryptography, secure hash, digital signatures.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of methodologies for achieving High Availability, including clustering.
- Ability to write file transfer scripts, perform command line/GUI functions, install software, troubleshoot.
- Understanding of and experience with Network Appliances.
- Experience with IBM Mainframe z/OS networked environments, including USS.
- Unix/Linux/Windows/zOS Server and or Network administration experience.
- Large enterprise IT consulting, administration, or support experience.
- Smart card or security token experience.
- Experience with Java and C programming.
Education & Certification Requirement:
- Relevant work experience, Bachelors degree, or currently working towards Bachelors of Computer Science, Information Technology or similar degree.
- Current certifications (especially CISSP) are a plus.
To apply please send your cover letter and resume including salary requirements to